Niton™ XL2 Analyser
Thermo Fisher Scientific – XRF
Perform precious metal testing with certainty
With the volatility and high price of gold, failing to detect just a small variation in composition can be an expensive mistake. The Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyser provides a fast, accurate, and most importantly, nondestructive method to test the purity and chemistry of all precious metals. The Niton XL2 XRF Precious Metal Analyser quickly detects gold plating and counterfeit gold and gives you the exact elemental composition of jewellery and coins so you can be absolutely certain of the value of the precious metals you buy and sell.
- Easier, faster and more accurate than nitric acid test methods.
- Faster, more comprehensive analysis than fire assay with comparable accuracy.
- Efficiently identify most gold-plated items with Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ gold-plating detection technology.
- Precisely determine the presence and concentration of other trace alloying elements and dangerous heavy elements, which could impact valuation and future refining needs.
Key Features Of the Niton XL2
- Standard analytical range: >25 elements from S to U (varies by application).
- Point and shoot simplicity—very easy to use even by nontechnical personnel.
- Ideally suited for retail environments.
- Nondestructive analysis with near-instantaneous results.
- Ergonomic design.