Analytical Spectral Devices (ASD)
The Gold Standard in Field Spectroradiometers
ASD FieldSpec® line of full-range spectroradiometers deliver the fastest and most accurate spectral field measurements available with excellent performance, signal and integration speeds.
The FieldSpec range has been designed around the specific needs of researchers when collecting spectral measurements in the field. Long-range wireless increases collection coverage potential from a stationary base. Superior signal throughput, signal-to-noise, and radiometric performance regardless of atmospheric conditions.
All ASD FieldSpec spectrometers and spectroradiometers provide 3 nm spectral resolution in the VNIR (350 nm – 1000 nm) range. Four spectral resolution options are available for the SWIR (1001 nm – 2500 nm) range – Hi-Res NG, Hi-Res, Std-Res, Wide-Res.Full range (350 – 2500 nm)
- Comprehensive options for UV/Vis/NIR/SWIR field requirements
- Faster integration speed facilitates more measurements in a limited solar collection time window
- Permanent fibre-optic cable design reduces the risk of signal loss
- Pro-pack backpack easily allows field portability with the FieldSpec 4 product line
A spectrometer for every occasion
The ASD FieldSpec 4 leaves the factory floor calibrated as a spectroradiometer, ready for precise radiance and irradiance measurements, but is equally suited for use as a spectrometer for accurate contact or stand-off reflectance analysis with a wide range of standard accessories.
All ASD FieldSpec spectrometers and spectroradiometers provide 3 nm spectral resolution in the VNIR (350 nm – 1000 nm) range. Four spectral resolution options are available for the SWIR (1001 nm – 2500 nm) range.
- The enhanced 6 nm SWIR spectral resolution of the ASD FieldSpec 4 Hi-Res NG spectroradiometer provides both the sampling interval (bandwidth) and the spectral resolution to support accurate calibration and image classification analysis with the next generation high spectral resolution hyperspectral sensors.
- With 8 nm SWIR spectral resolution the ASD FieldSpec 4 Hi-Res spectroradiometer is the instrument of choice for geological studies and atmospheric research.
- The ASD FieldSpec 4 Standard-Res spectroradiometer, with 10 nm SWIR resolution is perfectly suited for characterizing spectral features with a resolution of 10 nm to 50 nm, which covers the technical requirements of most field researchers. The ASD FieldSpec 4 Standard-Res spectroradiometer has long been the industry’s go-to workhorse instrument for trusted field spectroscopy and the scope of potential applications is broad.
- Because of its wide optical slit the ASD FieldSpec 4 Wide–Res spectroradiometer provides the highest signal throughput and offers the best signal to noise performance of any ASD FieldSpec model. These high throughput characteristics also benefit field measurements taken in less than optimal illumination conditions.
- The 30 nm SWIR resolution of the ASD FieldSpec 4 Wide-Res spectroradiometer makes it an ideal fit for applications such as vegetation analysis and vegetation indices that are characterized by broad spectral features. This instrument is also available at a significantly lower price point than other ASD FieldSpec models, which makes it an attractive option when budgets are tight.