Put the Future of Fast, Accurate, Expanded Alloy ID in Your Hands
Powerful alloy verification is within your reach with the new Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL5 Analyzer. This lightweight, ergonomically designed handheld X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) analyzer offers a new level of speed, accuracy and productivity to metal recyclers, fabricators and PMI inspectors.
The XL5 analyzer’s compact design optimizes the geometry between the x-ray source, fluorescence detector and sample, improving limits of detection and shortening measurement times — especially for light elements. The XL5 analyzer not only measures metals but also the elemental composition of scale, sludge, oil, powders and slurries.
Advanced Performance for Industrial Markets
Combined with vivid navigation, micro and macro cameras, and the ability to customize user profiles, the XL5 analyzer brings advanced analytical performance to a range of industries:
This growth market relies on XRF for nondestructive elemental analysis to ensure that no incorrect or out-of-specification metal alloys enter the manufacturing process.
- Determine alloy composition and grade for a wide range of metal chemistries faster than ever before.
- Improve QA/QC and increase confidence in risk-management practices.
The structural integrity of pipelines and plant assets is a key safety issue in this industry. Positive material identification (PMI) of piping material is critical where flow accelerated corrosion, or sulfidic corrosion, is a concern.
- Verify the composition of piping, valves, and reaction vessels in seconds, with the lowest LODs available.
- Reach tight spots and corner welds throughout the plant or along the pipeline for continuous inspection and reduced operator fatigue.
The market for scrap metal is continually expanding as more recycled materials are being used in fabrications processes. This increases the risk for higher levels of tramp/trace elements in these materials, which must be identified and measured to meet regulatory standards.
- Prevent alloy-mix ups or contaminated scrap from entering the supply stream.
- Increase coverage with identification of more than 30 elements, a wider alloy library, and an internal calibration standard to ensure accuracy.
Precision. Tight Lines. Vivid Navigation.
A miniaturized but powerful 5 watt x-ray tube, combined with compact geometry, enables the fastest testing times and the lowest LODs available. Intuitive, simplified software with customizable workflow solutions creates a significantly improved user experience. User-management software supports multiple operator profiles. Custom profiles can be created for specific analysis or management requirements.
A tilting, color touchscreen with swipe functionality enables viewing from multiple angles. The Niton XL5 provides easy access to scanning (Analyze), reviewing data (Data) and device settings (Settings), and results are presented concisely for quicker and easier interpretation.