Katana KT – 100
The Katana LIBS analyzer is simply the best handheld LIBS analyzer, for scrap metal sorting, positive material identification and metals quality assurance during the entire fabrication process. Integrating proprietary Breakthrough Laser Ablation & Detection Engine (BLADE™) technology into a durable, fit-for-purpose platform, provides users with advantages that weren’t previously attainable, such as:
- Smallest & Lightest Handheld LIBS – Sort all of your common alloys with ease
- QuickID™ Software – Identify more in less time
- 10+ Hour Battery Life – Avoid unscheduled downtime
- Durable, Tested Design – Only MIL STD 810G & IP-54 certified handheld metals analyzer
- GPS Tracking – Protect your investment
Utilizing a 1064nm Class 3B laser excitation, the KT-100 Katana handheld LIBS analyzer offers superior light element identification in metal and alloy applications to ensure profitability and product quality. Elements such as lithium (Li), beryllium (Be), magnesium (Mg), and aluminum (Al) can now be accurately identified in 1-2 seconds.
Download Brochure Here
Sort Every Piece for Higher Returns
A versatile handheld metal analyzer, designed for on-the-spot identification of the most difficult alloy grades, Katana represents the latest in handheld metal analysis. Katana enables durable and accurate alloy identification for use in:
- Scrap metal sorting
- Quality assurance in metal fabrication
- Positive material identification (PMI) in petrochemical operations
Offering a rapid matrix selection, chemical composition and grade identification is simple and easy to read with QuickID™ software. Users have the ability to quickly add new alloys to a customized on-board library. Katana is password-protected with an automatic “sleep mode” for improved safety and battery life. Its on-board camera captures images of the metal pieces being analyzed.
Katana’s pistol-shape is optimal for one-handed operation and weighs 1.5kg (3.25lbs). It is ruggedized for maximum durability with an IP-54 certified rating. With a 3.5” high resolution tiltable screen, users have much more visibility when in confined spaces or outdoors. The user interface of Katana includes a few options:
- Touchscreen for a fast learning curve
- Large, softkey buttons for operation while wearing gloves
- Unique “quick launch” handle buttons enabling one-handed operation
- Kick stand for optimum viewing and grabbing position
Watch:IP-54 Rating Video
Katana includes a docking station for a continuous battery charge and secure storage location and a waist holster for when users are on the move. The two Li-ion batteries enable an industry-leading 10+ hours of operation combined.